I may not have the classic colourful fall weather, but October certainly brings up the cold. And with cold weather comes large comfy blankets as you laze around and watch some classics, and some new movies to get your countdown started for Halloween.
Here are my top favourites movie series, and current obsessions. These movies are the perfect way to spend a relaxed day in, but also good if you want to raise the spooky vibe among your friends!
- Harry Potter Series – Despite what anyone says, Harry Potter for me will forever be the perfect way to spend October nights in, with a cup of hot chocolate, and a warm blanket. It’s always special watching the series because Halloween night is when Hermione got saved by the boys and when their friendship started. Yes, I’m a Potter nerd!
- The Purge Series – Definitely recommend this one! I saw the first film, but then went on to watch all of them. While the idea is repulsive to me, there is a certain storyline that I can’t seem to shake off.
- Resident Evil Series – I started this series today, but I was recommended by a friend. I haven’t watched all of them, but zombies and viral diseases certainly sets up a good mood till we reach Halloween time.
- The Conjuring Series – Ghosts, demons and exorcists are at the top of my list when it is October! And if it is based on real life events, then I am all for it! Take a whole weekend off, or watch one movie a day, but definitely give this series the time it deserves.
- Matrix Revolution Series – Another movie series that many might not consider fall-esque, but I love watching this right before Christmas because its just the vibes! I mean, it focuses all about imagination and belief, and will power. Who wouldn’t want to end the Year and start a new one with some big hopes and dreams?